Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adventure Cycling catalogue

I just received my Adventure Cycling catalogue (or is it catalog?) of 2011 tours. And I'm drooling.

Most of them are road bike tours, and that's why I haven't shown a lot of interest in Adventure Cycling in the past. Even their headquarters of Montana, my home state, hasn't enticed me to sign up with them.

But now, it appears they also have trail trips including the GAP trail and the C & O Canal trail that I just finished riding. In fact, that's what sparked my interest in Adventure Cycling again. While I was staying at the Little Orleans Lodge in Maryland, the proprietor was telling me about AC groups that had stayed at his lodge while doing their trail tour.

So now, I'm in the process of checking out their tour of the Katy Trail in Missouri. If I can work out transportation logistics to get myself and my bike to the tour staging area, I'm thinking about taking the plunge and signing up for the trip. It'll be my first guided tour. Usually, I just do these bike trips on my own. It would be nice to forget about packing all my stuff with me and let someone else carry everything.

Usually it takes me a couple weeks to recover from one trip before I start planning another, but I think I'm already to start the wheels rollin' again.

If any of my readers/subscribers has ever done an Adventure Cycling tour, I'd love to hear about your experience. For that matter, I'd love to hear more about the Katy Trail in MO. Drop me a line. In case you didn't read yesterday's post, I now have a much easier email subscription system, so be sure to sign up to receive blog updates as I post them. To leave me a comment, just click on the link below.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: