Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New York City introduces long-term bike plan

The Big Apple is onboard with the worldwide move toward more bicycle transportation and recreation.
It sounds like the New York city bicycle plan includes lots of bike lanes...

I didn't read much about independent bike & pedestrian paths. I think that is vital to making the bike plan accessible to everyone. There are many (I would say the majority) of people who do not want to risk their lives in traffic to get from point a to point b. This is true of some commuters but especially of recreational riders. And all such city bike plans should include both commuters and recreational cyclists in the planning process.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

fugedaboudit said...

New York has some great bike trails, but I don't know if they're part of the bike transportation plan?

fugedaboudit said...

New York has some great bike trails, but I don't know if they're part of the bike transportation plan?